Summer pieces for party, picnic, cocktail
On 2 July 2013 at Berlin Fashion Week, Austrian designer Lena Hoschek presented the new Spring/Summer 2014 women's wear and shoes under the motto 'Picnic'. The items are inspired by the late 1950s, early 60s elegant Lady-style. Some of the colors and patterns are named after culinary highlights like champagne and strawberries - the ingredients of summer outdoor events on a green meadow.
fig. original clockwise from left: Icing shorts and topping blazer in champagne; after eight dress in green lace; Wimbledon skirt short, cricket polo white hearts; picnic dress in blue gingham; Lena Hoschek SS2014 catwalk presentation on 2 July 2013 at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin. The first ever Lena Hoschek shoe collection premiered at Berlin Fashion Week. It was developed in collaboration with Austrian footwear label Humanic. Photos: Andreas Hofrichter.
Video - highlights from the runway: Lena Hoschek Spring/Summer 2014 women's wear during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin, 2 July 2013 at Brandenburger Tor.
Original runway music at the Lena Hoschek SS2014 show on 2 July:
1. Interpret - Le sud Tom Poisson (2009)
2. The Hollies - Bus stop (1967)
3. The Zombies - She's not here (1964)
4. Mickey & Sylvia - Love is strange (1956)
5. The Troggs - With a girl like you (1966)
6. Dion - Runaround Sue (1961)
7. The Foundations - Build me up a buttercup (1968)
8. The Marvelettes - Please Mr. Postman (1961)
9. The Dixie Cups – Chapel of love (1964)
Source: Original article with images and video on http://www.confashion.com/ss2014/lenahoschek7-2013.htm.
(C) Sawetz, since 1996