8 April 2015
Landscape as theme of exhibitions and photo project at Joanneum Graz
This year, 'Landscape' is the leitmotif of the activities of the Universalmuseum Joanneum Graz in Styria, Austria. Alongside to exhibitions like 'Landscape in Motion.
Cinematic Visions of an Uncertain Tomorrow' (since 13 March until 26 October) or 'HyperAmerica.
Landscape – Image – Reality' (10 April - 30 August) which center both on the experience of the landscape through realistic images whether shot with the camera or painted in hyper-realistic manner, the Joanneum started the photo project 'Thousand Pictures at an Exhibition' today. Users are invited to send their views on the landscape.
Therefore, seven 'viewing windows' were installed at various destinations in the region of Styria. The orientation of each picture frame can be changed - such as the 'director' behind the camera makes the best experience of the person(s) and landscape dependent on light, day time or other circumstances.
The seven viewing windows are placed at
- Kunsthaus Graz, Space05: www.kunsthausgraz.at
- Images above: Tagescafé Freiblick, Graz, Kastner & Öhler Dachterrasse: www.freiblick.co.at
- Images below: Stubenberghaus, Schöckl bei Graz: www.stubenberghaus.eu
- Dachstein Gletscherbahn, Bergstation: www.derdachstein.at
- Schloss Trautenfels, Ennstal: www.schloss-trautenfels.at
- Buschenschank Langmann, St. Stefan ob Stainz: www.l-l.at
- Zotter Schokoladen Manufaktur, Riegersburg: www.zotter.at
Photos can be uploaded until 31 December. It's announced that the images will be presented online and at Universalmuseum Joanneum.
Photos: (C) Nikola Milatovic.